Southern comfort food galore with crawfish, jambalaya, etouffee, frog legs, gator, oysters and more at Southwest Cajun Fest on Saturday, April 20th in Downtown Chandler
Southwest Cajun Fest, brought to you by Abita Brewing is set to return on Saturday, April 20, 2019 from noon – 9 p.m. in downtown Chandler. Showcasing the heart and soul of New Orleans paired with Arizona fusion and flavor for a full day packed with cultural festivities, food and entertainment.
Southwest Cajun Fest celebrates Cajun culture, cuisine and handcrafted beer. Guests will feel transported to the southeastern region of Louisiana with a variety of food vendors serving up regional dishes. Other highlights includes themed zones, eating competitions, a kids zone and more interactive experiences.
The entertainment lineup will feature Hoodoo Casters, Bluesman Mike, NolAZ Band, D. on Darox & the Melody Joy Bakers and headliner Souled Out Jazz Band.
New this year, Southwest Cajun Fest will feature an expanded and family friendly Big Easy Lounge where guest can escape the sun and take a load off.
This year’s food highlights include:
- Angry Crab Shack – crawfish boil, shrimp boil, crawfish roll, Cajun turkey legs, gumbo, cornbread and Cajun bowl
- Bayou Bistro – Crawfish, etouffee, jambalaya, shrimp, po-boys, alligator sausage, brisket, pulled pork, smoked chicken, rib-tips and Cajun wings
- Cantaguas – Handcrafted aguas frescas including horchata, mango pineapple, lavender watermelon, hibiscus strawberry and cucumber lemonade
- Delicious Beverage AZ – Custom made sweat tea and lemonade including cucumber, spicy pineapple lemonade, sweet tea and island breeze tea
- Farmboy American Fare – Ice cream, funnel cakes, corn dogs, deep fried oreos
- Family Squeezed Lemonade – Fresh fruit infused drinks
- Firehouse Concessions – Kettle corn and shaved ice
- Hogg Doggs – Brats, andouille, gumbo, dirty rice, pulled pork
- Honey Bears BBQ – Shrimp etouffee, jambalaya, fried chicken, fried catfish, spicy hot links, red beans and rice, cornbread, fries, mac & cheese and coleslaw
- Jasperz Island Fusion Cuisine – Jerk Cajun crawfish boil, jambalaya, Caribbean curry chicken and rice, jerk chicken, catfish and beignets
- JJ’s Louisiana BBQ – Pulled pork, brisket, turkey legs, chicken, hot links, rib tips, beans, potato salad
- Maya’s Cajun Kitchen – Vegan Cajun food including po-boys, jambalaya and bread pudding
- Pearson’s Catering – Catfish, shrimp, frog legs, gator, jambalaya, hush puppies, po-boys, Cajun fries and oysters
Southwest Cajun Fest Quick Facts
Date: April 20, 2019
Time: 12-9 p.m.
Location: AJ Chandler Park, 178 E. Commonwealth Ave, Chandler, AZ 85225
$8 presale online
$12 day of at the gate
Kids 12 and under will receive free general admission
Military & First Responder Discount tickets may be purchased for $10 each at the gate only. Photo identification is required for discount. Offer limited to 4 tickets per qualified purchaser.
Food & beverage sold separately.
BIG EASY LOUNGE – ADULTS 13+
$45 Adults 13+, presale online only, while supplies last
$55 Adults 13+ day of at the gate
Upgrade ANY TICKET (comp ticket, presale and day of, military) to the Big Easy Lounge for $40.
Big Easy Lounge admission includes: general admission into the event + four alcohol beverages (guests 21 and over), a large lounge area with shaded seating, unlimited water and soft drinks, snacks and private restrooms.
BIG EASY LOUNGE – 12 AND UNDER
$25 Kids 12 and under, presale online only, while supplies last
$35 Kids 12 and under, day of at the gate, while supplies last
Big Easy Lounge admission includes: general admission into the event + a large lounge area with shaded seating, unlimited water and soft drinks, snacks and private restrooms.